The flexible MBA is a 36-credit hour program designed to be completed in 12-24 months while working full-time. Curriculum covers core business topics such as accounting, finance, marketing, big data and data analytics but also allows students the ability to specialize in one of seven concentrations. The St. Edward’s MBA is flexible, approachable, and designed for students to choose an experience that works best for them.
Courses are a blend of live online sessions and asynchronous coursework, providing flexibility to students while still allowing them to get to know their classmates and grow their professional networks. All courses are taught by St. Edward’s University’s world class faculty who are committed to your success.
- Managing Dynamic Organizations
- Social Responsibility of Business
- Marketing Management in a Digital Environment
- Finance for Managers
- Big Data, Business Intelligence, and Analytics
- Innovation and Disruption Management
- Strategies in Operations Management
- Accounting for Managers
- Management Consulting or Global Project Capstone
In addition to core courses, you’ll take 3 courses in your concentration of choice. Our unique concentrations include:
- The Corporate Governance concentration is designed to equip students and professionals with essential knowledge and skills involved in advising and managing the functions of governance in organizations and corporations as well as advising the Board and leading teams on the best practice of governance.
- Students who choose the Digital Management concentration will understand and learn the theories, methods, and tools used to address the challenges and opportunities presented by the effect of digital technology on modern business practices.
- Operations and Supply Chain Management deals with the production, shipment and distribution of goods and services. The competence and expertise of businesses in it is vital to gain and maintain competitive advantage as it wants to deliver goods and services better, faster and cheaper. Students of the Operations and Supply Chain Management concentration are equipped to effectively make these decisions and solve complex challenges in these areas.
- An MBA with a concentration in Small Business Management allows students to gain the advanced business skills they need to open businesses of their own or pursue leadership positions within established businesses.
- A Global Business concentration provides global-specific electives which provide students with the functional courses to provide students a broad, strategic view of how to manage in a global economy.
- The Finance concentration prepares students for careers in corporate finance, investment management, or the management of financial institutions.
- And lastly, our concentration in Entrepreneurship is designed for students who want to lead and manage business enterprises, such as those who want to start their own businesses, as well as those who are involved in family businesses or have an interest in working for firms engaged in or supporting entrepreneurial endeavors such as startup investment firms.
In addition to the MBA program, and our seven program concentrations, students also have the option of building out their education by pursuing certificates in Management, Business Finance, and Operations Logistics.
Applicants for the Master of Business Administration must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Our flexible MBA is accessible to all students from a variety of academic backgrounds. Students without prior education in business may require some foundational business courses, at no additional charge, which can be taken through St. Edward’s University.
The GMAT, GRE and/or other standardized admissions tests are not required. However, foreign applicants may be required to submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to demonstrate English language proficiency needed to successfully complete the program.”
Supplementary materials for the application include your current resume, personal statement expressing your interest and goals for the program and transcripts from all institutions previously attended.